What is the Difference?
Art Stream Videos is not an online art gallery. That is, we are not an art e-commerce platform.
There are approximately 2 dozen new and well-established services including Art.com, Artsy, and Saachi ─ that sell originals and/or prints in different sizes, framed or unframed ─ featuring hundreds of thousands of searchable digital prints for sale. Shipping (and returns) are handled either by the artist or by the print-on-demand service.
For a list, please see our Online Gallery Reviews.
These leading online art retailers, with their big budgets, can offer features like in-room visualization tools showing different canvas sizes, with or without frames, using different colors and types, etc., making it extremely easy to see if a particular work of art will work well in your home or place of business. That’s the good part.
Problems with online galleries
- First, your brand is minimized on these online platforms because your works are shown alongside other artists, often on the same page.
- You may also have quality concerns. For example, you may not really trust your online print on demand service, if you have one, to match your colors well.
- Maybe you do sell a few prints (or even originals) on these services. You feel you could sell more but your works are lost in a sea of galleries and artists.
For all these reasons, online gallery sales alone do not and will not likely work for you, except as a small intermittent income.
How does Art Stream Videos work?
Art Stream Videos hosts an art channel on Roku-TV. We provide a virtual space for art galleries to advertise artists and works. But we also make it possible and easy for potential buyers to contact you directly to make a purchase.
These days, a growing percentage of people looking to see and buy art may never set foot where the works are on display. They may never even come to the same state where they are sold. Many younger collectors are more inclined to buy entirely online.
Its more a matter of buyers finding you rather than the question of purchasing art online…
According to Hiscox Online Art Trade Report 2020 over $4.8 billion worth of art was purchased online in 2019. 32% was fine art.
How does a streaming art channel help me?
We offer a vastly different experience over online galleries. Art Stream Videos partnered with Roku to deliver videos of art as a entertainment on HDTVs to art lovers regionally, nationally, and worldwide.
Since we put your art into motion, viewers are far more engaged and notice your art. Each 45-second video ends with information about each work and your contact information so potential buyers can reach you directly.
You also get a custom Roku streaming media playlist that plays only your videos so your brand is preserved. And, with Art Stream Videos, you reach to a growing demographic that is already searching for and purchasing art online.
- Our Vision is to both provide quality entertainment for art lovers and a highly effective advertising channel for galleries and artists.
- Our Mission is to create a streaming art gallery channel for Roku TVs that showcases works from galleries and artists using advanced visualization tools.
- Our Goal is to send you more interested, more qualified buyers.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started now or keep reading! We are offering some Gallery PREMIUM features to our Gallery STANDARD subscribers (and additional shorter-term incentives) for being early adopters.